When we talk about the healthcare industry, especially the medical field, the only things that come to mind are doctors, nurses, and paramedics. But what most of us don’t realize is that the industry offers a wealth of non-clinical career opportunities beyond just doctors and nurses.
One such healthcare career opportunity that is rapidly being outsourced to India is Medical Coding. Before I get into the list of the top 10 best medical coding courses in Indore, I would like to briefly explain what medical coding is.
So, what is medical coding?
According to the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC), medical coding is “Medical coding is the transformation of healthcare diagnosis, procedures, medical services, and equipment into universal medical alphanumeric codes.”.
Medical coding incorporates and transforms information extracted from patients’ medical records into globally accepted, industry-specific medical codes based on major classification structures such as –
Current Procedural Terminology (CPT codes) defines the functions and services performed by a healthcare organization for or on behalf of a patient.
Healthcare Common Procedural Coding System (HCPCS Level II codes) for ASCs, chemotherapy drugs, prosthetics, supplies, outpatient hospital facilities, dependable medical equipment, and other services.
The International Classification of Diseases encodes patient injury or disease (ICD-10-CM).
In other words, it translates traditional documents (starting with a patient’s examination, reported symptoms, a doctor’s description of the illness, tests performed, medication history, ambulatory procedures, etc.) through a standardized document mapping. , a special alphanumeric code.
Top 10 Medical Coding courses in Indore
India’s cleanest city, Indore is home to multiple offshore centers for many multinational software companies and small and medium-sized software development companies.
Specifically, in the textile industry, Indore is now on pace to become India’s second-tier city. In addition to the traditional textile industry, Indore is growing rapidly in the fields of healthcare and information technology.
Owing to a rich culture and the presence of rapidly growing companies, institutions offering medical coding courses in Indore are diverse. Read on to know the 10 Best Medical Coding Courses in Indore.
1. Henry Harvin
Henry Harvin probably needs no introduction. Since its inception in 2013, this ISO 29990:2010 accredited edtech institution has trained and educated many aspirants. With many laurels to its name, Henry Harvin offers one of the best Medical coding courses.
Henry Harvin’s Medical Coding Course in Indore covers all important aspects of medical coding and terminology, including anatomy, diseases, procedures, diagnostic tools, tests, treatments, and more. You gain complete mastery of the standardized types of codes such as the ICD-10-CM, CPT, and HCPCS.
To begin with here is medical coding course tutorial video for beginners:
Key features of the course
- 9-in-1 all-inclusive package course that includes training, projects, internships, placements, certifications, e-learning, masterclasses, hackathons, and gold membership.
- Moreover, ace the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam with a course that covers every aspect of medical coding.
- Medical coding requires more than theoretical knowledge. Gain practical experience through projects in related fields.
- Also, a Gold membership gets you live projects, weekly job assistance, masterclass sessions, and career guidance and support.
- Furthermore, train with certified and experienced trainers with complete assistance during and after completion of the course.
Learning benefits of Henry Harvin’s medical coding course in Indore.
- Acquire extensive knowledge of medical terminologies and their usage.
- Learn how to separate and combine difficult medical and technical terms such as eponyms, acronyms, homonyms, and antonyms.
- Identify standard medical terms, abbreviations as well as symbols.
- Recognize the importance of documentation and types of dictation forms in medical records.
- Understand the concept of confidentiality while dealing with medical records.
- Familiarize yourself with the actual Coding Process and history of the ICD-10-CM Coding System.
- Also, you learn about various infections, parasitic diseases, and neoplasms, and how to code them.
- Get in-depth knowledge of V-codes, E Codes, and ICD-10-CM Coding.
Fee and Duration
Henry Harvin offers this 90-hour interactive medical coding course for a total price of INR 59,500/-. EMI options starting from INR 6,611 per month are available.
Interestingly, Henry Harvin has an entire academy dedicated to medicine and healthcare. Consequently, they offer many other courses related to the medical field such as:
- Medical billing course
- Inpatient coding course
- Outpatient coding course
- Emergency medical technician course
- Dental technician course
- Dialysis Technician course etc.
The American Academy of Professional Coders, now known as AAPC, is a world-renowned training and certification agency that supports the healthcare community. Serving individuals and businesses, AAPC aims to provide qualified professionals to the healthcare sector.
AAPC offers medical coding courses through both mediums. Virtually and in the classroom. Since you are looking for the best quality medical coding courses in Indore, let’s discuss AAPC’s online medical coding courses.
A condensed course, but a complete package of medical coding courses. AAPC teaches the nuances of medical coding, trains candidates for certification and assessment, and puts new coding professionals on the path to financially secure careers and success.
Major highlights of AAPC medical coding courses in Indore
- Training and education from the experts who create the Indore certification exam ensure comprehensive training and success.
- In addition, the program curriculum is divided into modules, with an assessment at the end of each module to assess progress.
- In addition to reading assignments, this course includes audio lectures, critical thinking exercises, and other learning activities.
- Also, you can receive instruction and guidance from AAPC-certified trainers.
- Finally, you can have all of the above for a fraction of the cost of a college medical coding program.
Training benefits of AAPC medical coding courses in Indore
- Unlike universities’ lengthy courses, AAPC medical coding courses prepare you for a career in a matter of months.
- Exponential return on fees with a high success rate.
- In addition, you have the flexibility to study according to your preferences in terms of space and time.
- Plus, you can take all kinds of medical coding courses, like inpatient coding, outpatient coding, and more.
- Plus, enjoy member benefits such as job networking and free or low-cost CEU opportunities.
For a complete list of individual and/or training packages and their pricing, please visit the AAPC website.
To benefit the medical field, AAPC offers a variety of courses in the medical field, including medical billing course, medical documentation course, medical auditing courses, and courses in anatomy, pathophysiology, etc.
3. Absolute Medical Coding Institute (AMCI)
With the advancement of technology, the world is a global village. With a virtual medium of instruction, you can learn anytime, anywhere. So, introducing the Absolute Medical Coding Institute (AMCI). Although located in Pittsburgh, USA, it can be ranked as one of the top medical coding courses in Indore. Also, because it is a virtual medium of instruction we can classify it as one of the Medical coding courses in Indore.
Key highlights of the AMCI course
- Not only learning medical coding but also preparing for examinations at the same time.
- One-stop coding training institution with certified instructors.
- Uniquely, trademarked Test-Taking Techniques (TTT) led aspirants to become the most skilled medical coder, i.e. Forensic medical coders.
- Plus, get assistance post-certification/exam to earn Continuing Educational Units (CEU).
Benefits of joining the AMCI course
- Over 4500 medical coding exam graduates
- In addition, AMCI offers the best and most innovative curriculum/preparation in Medical Coding.
- They are the creators of the Medical Coding Test Takeniques (TTT) learning system that guarantees a high success rate.
- Students are in constant contact with their teachers through the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Certified instructors in the related field.
- As an alumnus of AMCI, you never pay for CEUs. Earn them free each year.
Fee and Duration
The 80-hour Professional Medical Coding course costs USD 3,500 and includes textbooks, membership, and one attempt at the exam.
AMCI offers courses in other medical areas such as:
- AMCI Medical Coding Dual Certification Course
- Facility Coding Training
- CEU courses etc.
4. Medesun Healthcare Solutions
Next on our list of medical coding courses in Indore is Medesun Healthcare Solutions. Owing to the course curriculum designed by Dr. Guptha, a certified medical coding professional at all levels and a world record holder with 42 certifications, this course covers everything that falls within the CPC exam.
What do you get from training in the Medesun medical coding courses?
- Training provides hands-on experience that develops not only the skills necessary for medical coding but also gives you an edge over other professionals.
- Field-experienced instructors will guide you through the pace of your career as a medical coder in real-time.
- Plus, industry-recognized training at an affordable price.
- Not only the course completion certificate but also full support after the training.
Fee and Duration
For more information on course duration and fees, please visit Medesun Healthcare Solutions’s website.
Medes Healthcare Solutions offers a variety of medical services courses including:
- Medical Billing Courses
- US healthcare package (HIPAA/HL7/PAHM/ICD-10)
- ICD-10, etc.
5. Academy of Medical Coders India
The other Medical Coding Course in Indore is the Academy of Medical Coders India (AMCI). The institute was established as a non-profit constituent academy of the Institute of Good Manufacturing Practices India (IGMPI) to provide professional training, news, and analysis on all aspects of medical coding.
AMCI offers PG Diploma in Medical Coding, Executive Diploma in Medical Coding, Part-time Diploma, and Distance Learning Diploma in Medical Coding via E-Learning.
AMCI Program Features and Benefits
- An industry-recommended executive/part-time program that gives you the flexibility to study while you work or do business.
- Plus, free study materials, training kits, LMS support, and placement assistance.
- You also have the option to pay the fee in installments.
- In addition, the curriculum has been approved by the Quality Council of India.
- IGMPI certification enhances your professional qualifications.
Visit the website for more information on the duration of the course and program fees.
6. Elate Academy
The next Medical coding courses in Indore are offered by Elate Academy. This institute is specifically the first AAPC-accredited medical coding institute in India.
In addition to the basics of medical coding, this medical coding course provides candidates with intensive exam preparation. With extensive learning materials, over 1000 practice tests, PowerPoint presentations, and interactive lectures, Elate Academy provides industry-focused training programs that are in line with current and future trends.
Why choose Elate Academy?
- Virtual learning through the AAPC portal not only saves time but also prioritizes flexible learning.
- Moreover, 60 certified instructors for thorough learning.
- Plus, free external post-course training for hands-on clinical skills and experience.
- Elate Academy also offers counseling programs in stress and time management, thought leadership, and more.
Fee and Duration
For more information on fees, duration, and/or medical coding courses, please contact them through their website.
7. Resolve MediCode
Resolve Medicode is an ISO 9000:2015 certified training, placement, and certification medical coding course center. They offer medical coding courses that are open to anyone in the medical, emergency medicine, or life sciences fields.
In addition to teaching the basics of medical coding, this course also teaches you all three coding sets used worldwide in medical coding. The 60-hour course runs on weekdays and Saturdays.
Why choose Resolve Medicode?
- One of the best medical coding courses in India.
- The course is industry-oriented.
- Highly skilled professionals as trainers.
- One of the leading brands for Medical coding courses.
Fees and Duration
To request the fees and the duration of the course, you may contact them through their website
8. Cigma Medical Coding Academy
Another course on the list of medical coding courses in Indore is Cigma Medical Coding Academy’s Medical Coding Certificate Program.
This course renders all the essential academic and clinical knowledge in medical coding along with the skills and preparation necessary to become an efficient medical coder. Additionally, with 8 modules of learning the program prepares the applicant to perform medical coding in any healthcare institution.
Key highlights of the course
- AAPC Certified Professionals as Trainers with AAPC accredited curriculum.
- Plus, 8 modules for intensive learning covering all the aspects of medical coding such as anatomy, ICD coding, CTP system coding, etc.
- Moreover, frequent mock tests and extra modules on AAPC exam preparation ensure a complete grasp of the topic.
- 80% pass rate for the examination.
AAPC certification course offers:
- Virtual educational medium.
- Plus training by AAPC-certified trainers ensures personalized instruction and attention.
- In addition, AAPC LMS tools for practical and employment-based training prepare applicants for the medical sector.
- Finally, employment support during and after training.
Fee and Duration
Details of fees and duration for the Medical Coding Course Program can be requested through the website.
Among Indore’s next medical coding courses is Vcodemy’s medical coding course. This course will be conducted by AAPC Certified coder Vijayarani Sivakumar, who has over 20 years of experience in the US healthcare industry.
With a syllabus divided into 256 lessons, this course touches on all aspects of medical coding including medical terminology, physiology, anatomy, ICD, CPT, and HCPCS coding systems.
Why choose Vcodemy?
- This course consists of many modules divided into 256 lessons.
- In addition, significant importance to anatomy and physiology so that applicants without a scientific background can understand them.
- You will also learn about topics such as health insurance, coding systems, and billing.
- Plus, you can access the course anytime and learn at your own pace.
- Moreover, the instructor is available for doubt clearing.
- Lastly, prepare for the AAPC examination through mock exams.
Fees and Duration
You may contact them through their website to know more about the fees and the duration of the lessons.
10. Apex Medcom
The last course on our list of Medical Coding Courses in Indore is the Online Medical Coding Course at Apex Medcom. With over 10 years of teaching and training experience, Apex Medcom’s medical coding course is one of the best medical coding courses today.
Why should one enroll in Apex Medcom’s online medical coding course?
- Course Classes are live online classes, not recorded classes.
- Plus, online students get free access to classroom training.
- Moreover, they have more than 10 years of experience in online medical coding training.
- Sign-up for the course only if you approve of the free demo session offered by the institute.
- Owing to the limited number of students for the online medical coding course, get maximum attention and quality training.
- Job holders can either enroll in the evening batch or enroll in the weekend online classes depending upon their convenience.
- Lastly, avail free Study Material.
Fee and Duration
For more details on the course, you may contact them through their website.
In conclusion, we have examined Indore’s top ten medical coding courses. But why is medical coding such a sought-after career path nowadays? Continue reading below.
Why should Medical Coding be thought of as a career?
The pandemic in 2020 forced health centers across the globe to take center stage, bringing with it both hidden and visible challenges that required immediate attention. As healthcare providers became overburdened, the demand for labor across departments increased. This resulted in increased healthcare offshoring across nations.
India, the world’s second-largest healthcare offshoring destination, saw an increase in healthcare offshoring activity. As a result, the demand for professional medical coders increased, as they play an important role in the healthcare industry.
Benefits of medical coding as a career
- Highly in-demand profession.
- Allows flexible working hours.
- You can work in multiple environments, not just one.
- Plus, no clinical or surgical involvement is required.
- You can start working at an early age.
Medical coding is one of the fastest-growing areas in healthcare, expected to grow by over 20% over the next decade. Medical coding is not just a career, it’s a lifetime guarantee of job security. The field has created opportunities for students who want to pursue a career in medicine but want to stay away from blood and surgery.
In summary, in a market where jobs are scarce due to artificial intelligence and machines, medical coding is one such employment opportunity that offers not only a guaranteed job but also safety. Sign up for medical coding now and secure the job of a lifetime!
Medical coders are responsible for assigning the correct code that describes the type of service the patient received. This helps medical facilities and insurance companies process payments and claims significantly.
The average starting salary for a medical coder in India is around Rs 1.5 million per year (Rs 12,500 per month). However, a minimum of one year of experience is required to become a medical coder. The highest salary a medical coder can earn is Rs 4.3 lakh per year (Rs 35,800 per month).
Yes, you can work from home. Unlike many other medical professions, working as a medical coder often offers the opportunity to work from home. Doing this work remotely can improve work-life balance and job satisfaction in the process.
To an extent, yes. Certified medical coders score over non-certified medical coders on job prospects and salary. Moreover, you can specialize in your desired field. The medical coding courses also help you prepare for the CPC certification exam that is conducted by AAPC.
AAPC’s Certified Professional Coder (CPC) credential is the benchmark for medical coding in any healthcare institution. Not only is CPC important for compliant and profitable medical practice but also allows a medical coder to typically earn 20% more than non-certified coders.